Do you want the chance to gain national exposure for your work?
Do you want to learn how top campaigns capitalize on news developments in real time?
Do you want experience translating complex policy proposals into concise messages that sway the public?
Then you should apply to be a Rapid Response Intern with Kelly for New Hampshire.
This isn’t your typical internship. You’ll be a key team member on the top U.S. Senate race in the country and build a skill set that’s in high demand in national politics.
We are committed to building a personal connection with voters across New Hampshire via both traditional press and new media. The goal is to capture U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte’s (R-NH) engaging personality and her strong leadership and to highlight contrast points with our opponent.
The Rapid Response Intern will contribute to this effort through policy research, press releases and fact sheets, and informational campaigns online.
- Internalize both candidates’ records and policy proposals and act as a resource for the communications and digital teams
- Assist in monitoring news coverage, press releases, and social media
- Assist in drafting informational content for the press and voters
- Identify opportunities to capitalize on items in the news and real world developments
- Develop new messaging themes based upon developments in the race
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong research skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- Strong writing skills and an artistic eye
- An interest in national politics and/or policy
- Professionalism and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
If you are interested, please submit a resume, references, and a writing sample to Thomas Reiker at email@example.com.