On behalf of the Mississippi State Personnel Board, we would like to inform your University of internship opportunities with the State of Mississippi.
Currently there are five (5) internship opportunities available:
· Mississippi Educational Authority is offering two internship opportunities. These internships are Digital Media and Production Interns. These internships are a great opportunity for students majoring in Business Administration, Advertising, Digital Media and Communications.
· Mississippi State Personnel Board is offering an internship opportunity. The internship is a great opportunity for students majoring in Business, Law, Public Policy and Communications.
· Mississippi Contractors Board is offering an internship opportunity. The internship is a great opportunity for students majoring in Business, Law, Public Policy and Communications.
· Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality is offering an internship. The internship is a great opportunity for students who are looking to work throughout their college career on a part time or seasonal basis.
· Interested candidates for these internship opportunities should be well organized and able to devote ample amounts of time working with the program. Qualified candidates should possess good organizational skills.
Please visit the MSPB website www.mspb.ms.gov for closing dates.
In order for students to be eligible for the aforementioned internships, here are the following requirements:
- Verification from an accredited college or university showing proof of current enrollment as a full-time student.
- Verification from an accredited college or university showing proof of GPA as 2.0 or higher and completion of thirty (30) hours of coursework.
- Students also must meet any additional criteria their school requires for participation in our program. This may include G.P.A., grade level, and number of credit hours earned.
- International students: To be eligible for this program, you must be currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States and possess unrestricted U.S. work authorization. Typically, this means international students must be studying on an F-1 or J-1 visa. Contact your international student advisor if you have any questions regarding your eligibility. Reminder: Should an invitation be extended to you, you will be required to submit verification of your legal right to work in the United States at the time of your arrival.
The Mississippi State Personnel Board anticipates additional internships being offered from other state agencies; we recommend students watch the MSPB website for other internship opportunities in the future.
Students may apply for the internships on the Mississippi State Personnel Boards website at www.mspb.ms.gov – the student should click on “job seekers” and select “student internship program” under Job Openings.
If students have any questions or concerns navigating the website, they may contact the Mississippi State Personnel Board at (601) 359-1406.