The Forestry Suppliers are looking for an Education and Sales Specialist! The job function will include Education, marketing, and sales and will be a full-time position.
In order to apply, you will need:
- A cover letter, including salary expectations
- Up to two page resume, outlining your relevant job experiences
Forestry Suppliers is a direct mail company serving many markers, including science education. This position will exhibit products and information at trade shows, search for new products, stay up to date on competitors, and contribute to published media and social media postings.
This position will report to the Marketing Manager. This position is a vital and unique role within the company and you will be working with other members of the marketing team (technical specialists, creative, etc.).
Represent Forestry Suppliers at various trade shows each year across the country. Assist in setting up the schedule for shows and be the lead person in preparing for each show. Interact with customers and prospects. Identify new product ideas by visiting with vendors and exhibitors. Identify and follow up on contract sales ideas. Prepare written summary report for office distribution upon return from shows.
Be responsible for products on assigned pages of our catalog and our website using resources available (trade shows, competitor catalogs/web sites, trade magazines, etc.). Identify sources of product ideas an pursue them with current and new vendors. Present and add new products for availability on web site and print catalog.
Keep an active file on all competitors and identify product, marketing, and pricing opportunities for inclusion in company offering. Ensure our pricing is competitive and product offerings are innovative and leading edge.
Identify and work with internal and external resources to generate ideas for written publications produced by Forestry Suppliers (monthly emails and bi-annual electronic magazines and support our Science Scene e-newsletter and app with science education related topics). Contribute to Science Scene Facebook and other social media postings. This position is responsible for preparing preliminary written drafts for our internal Creative team.
The position is located in Jackson, Mississippi and involves some travel. Normal working hours are Monday-Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., plus additional hours as needed. Competitive salary with excellent benefits with a long-time stable company.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
We are seeking qualified applicants who exhibit:
- At least 5 years of related work experience required. Background in science education is preferred, but not required. A keen interest in science is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Personal selling skills are a plus
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills are required, as this position interacts with all internal levels as well as customers, vendors, and outside organizations
- Active listening skills to build relationships with organizations, associations, schools, etc. to engineer solutions that fulfill product needs.
- Self-starter mentality that can manage a market in its entirety-product selection, price maintenance, and methods of promotion. This position requires an outside-the-box thinker with vision and ability to bring a product to closure.
- Integrity of the highest degree
- An interest in a long-term career path
- A utility player mentality that generates innovative solutions to solve work challenges and identify opportunities
- A confident, friendly, positive attitude that shows everything you do as a welcome opportunity to learn more about Forestry Suppliers, Inc.
- Experience in building relationships with individuals throughout an organization
- Strong internal collaboration and emotional intelligence skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize effectively
How to Apply:
About Forestry Suppliers, Inc. :
When Jim Craig started this company in 1949, customer packages wrapped in Parcel Post were loaded on a Red Wagon and pulled to a nearby post office. Today, Forestry Suppliers, Inc. is a direct-mail supplier for natural resource professionals worldwide.
The annual catalog and website features over 10,000 quality products for forestry, environmental science, surveying, engineering, horticulture, grounds maintenance, educational professionals, and more.
And our Red Wagon service continues with product support services including technical support before and after any sale, a bilingual sales staff, experienced customer service representatives, a knowledgeable bid and contract department, and an in-house repair service, all of which reinforce our guarantee of 100% satisfaction.
Get to know Forestry Suppliers, Inc. online: