From the Civil War through the 1960s, take an in-depth look at the people, places and institutions in Washington, D.C., that played a role in the Civil Rights Movement. Associate Professor Kathleen Wickham leads this Study USA class. Dates: May 12-24. Scholarships available. View the flyer or visit the Study USA page for more information.
The Nautilus Publishing Company is a hybrid publishing house. Our award-winning books and magazine are designed with the greatest attention to detail. We build publications from scratch. We work closely with clients from conceptualization through distribution. Since 1994, the company had produced books, magazines in the field of education, law and health care. We also have a coffee-table book division, a custom publishing division, and a custom map division.
We are looking for an intern with exceptional writing, copyediting, proofreading skills, sharp analytic skills, meticulous attention to detail and factual accuracy, and familiar with Microsoft Office and Internet research. Typically, an intern will work on each project from the early editing stages until it is ready to be published. Also, needs to be willing to occasionally do the trip to the post office, odd task, etc.
• At least one semester of college-level editing experience, such as for a newspaper/journal, in a writing lab, or as a professor’s assistant.
• Strong computer skills desired.
• The ability to give careful attention to detail, sustain concentration for long periods of time, and maintain the highest level of accuracy.
• The ability to work well with people.
• An interest in marketing and public relations is a plus.
Hours and schedule are flexible. Weekly hours range from 20 hours per week.
Applicant for the internship must be currently enrolled as a full-time student. Applicant must be available, for an in-person interview if he/she is selected as a finalist. Please include: cover letter and resume. Non-paying internship.
Nautilus Publishing Co.
(New address) 426 South Lamar Blvd, Suite 16, Oxford, MS 38655
662.513.0159 | firstname.lastname@example.org
PAID internship for SpaceNews, a media company that is dedicated to commercial and military space/satellite communications industries.
SpaceNews, the premier media company dedicated to the commercial and military space and satellite communications industries, is looking for an intern to help build up our community across all our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), driving traffic back to the SpaceNews website with on-brand, engaging social content. You will also be promoting existing content on the SpaceNews website to the platforms and strategizing with the team to come up with great community building ideas and execution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Intern candidate must be able to form strong and positive working relationship with all employees. Additionally, strong candidates will have:
- Some education in Journalism/Media, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related field.
- Junior or Senior standing.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA; resume required
- Knowledge of internet research and social media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of business and marketing principles.
- Attention to detail.
- Affinity for space / sciences
- Office is located in downtown Alexandra and is metro-accessible
- Position reports to President & Publisher and Business Manager
- Paid internship ($1500 for 8 weeks this summer)
At LifeCenter Northwest, we work together to save lives through the recovery of organs and tissues for transplant. Each and every individual within our organization is a vital and valued member of the team. Serving the largest area in the country, LifeCenter Northwest cares for organ and tissue donors in Alaska, Montana, North Idaho and Washington. To those who embrace our commitment to compassion, collaboration, integrity, and courageous leadership, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as part of the LifeCenter Northwest team. Come join us!
The Communications Intern for LifeCenter Northwest (LCNW) will support the work of the Communications Department. Our programs provide accurate information to the community that promotes the decision to register as an organ, eye, and tissue donor and encourage donation at the time of death. This position will focus specifically on digital media development, Social Media accounts, website content, event coordination, and community outreach.
Supports the Communications Program Manager, Event Program Manager, and Community Outreach Program Manager.
Assists with developing Donation Story Library through the following formats: written text, photography, videography, and audio production.
Assists with maintenance and updates for LCNW’s Social Media accounts, and website.
Develops campaigns and sets goals to increase followers and donation awareness on Social Media accounts and monitors effectiveness.
Helps, plans, coordinates, and participates in community events as assigned by Community Outreach Program Manager.
Works with the Communications Department on networking and relationship building.
Becomes knowledgeable about organ, eye, and tissue donation and the transplantation industry.
Assists with general administration duties for the Communications Department.
Strong writing, photography, videography, and editing skills required.
Demonstrates strong interviewing and storytelling abilities.
Demonstrates operating knowledge of photo, editing, and audio software to include Adobe Suite and Final Cut Pro.
Experience using audio, video, and photography equipment.
Previous experience with Social Media preferred.
Previous communications experience preferred.
Experience with WordPress or other blogging tools preferred.
This individual must demonstrate operating knowledge of computers with a demonstrable, intermediate level skill (at a minimum) with Outlook, Word, Excel and other comparable software programs.
Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines, and desire to be a self-starter.
Requires effective communication skills, both written and verbal, including, but not limited to, general correspondence as well as the presentation of information.
Confident, professional phone manner for dealing with volunteers, vendors and contributors.
The Key Requirements
Minimum Junior standing in an accredited college or university with minimum GPA of 3.00.
Requires a valid driver’s license and access to an insured automobile or the ability to arrive and depart from work and work-related functions at expected times.
The duration of the position is negotiable; ideal candidates will be available beginning March 2014.
Ideal candidates will be available to work a minimum of 17 hours per week during regular business hours while in school. Up to 37 hours per week during summer break.
To enable the receipt of college credits, LifeCenter Northwest will work with you to meet school’s requirements.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for performing support activities for the sales and marketing team. Duties include, but are not limited to, creating and coordinating marketing efforts for the back to school onsite campus event
program, building and maintaining competitive database, as well as assisting with marketing plans and presentation materials. The successful candidate must possess a high energy level; attention to detail; strong work ethic and entry
experience in marketing, event planning, product management, communications, advertising, or similar work experience.
- Coordinate special events for divisional Back to School events (onsite campus events)
- Prepare flyers, newsletters, contests, brochures and in-store materials
- Assist in building a competitive database
- Perform market research through online research and competitive mystery shops
- Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating, rate plans, devices, new products, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases
- Assist in development and implementation of local and regional marketing plans
- Develop a strong understanding of company’s products and services
- Liaison with Field Strategy and Analytics for post mortems and campaign tracking
- Assist in various duties as needed
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Event planning experience
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite (preferred)
Background of Candidates:
- Candidates should have background experience, skills, and/or education appropriate to
- Candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA and be currently enrolled in school or post graduation of six months.
- Background checks are required for interns.
- T-Mobile requires that individuals considered for internships are a minimum of 18 years of age and
have the right to work in the United States.
Timeframe: Summer 2014 (start May/June) for 12 weeks
T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Agile Marketing Group is looking to hire a Social Media / Content Marketing Intern for our two web properties Bargain Booksy and Freebooksy.
- Creating daily blog posts that highlight free and bargain books on the site.
- Writing original blog content for both sites.
- Posting to all social media accounts, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Creative writing skills.
- Experience administrating a social media presence (administrating a Facebook fan page, running a Twitter account, etc).
- High level of comfort with technology and the web.
- A love of reading / books is a plus.
This is a 10-week paid Summer Internship in Carrboro, NC with potential for paid part-time work after the conclusion of the internship. Perks include occasional free lunches, a stocked fridge and snack shelf, no dress code, and a fun work atmosphere.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to gain experience in social media and online marketing. You’ll learn from our CEO (a Harvard MBA) and our marketing team.
Visit lewhunter.com for details.
The Hnedak Bobo Group has an opportunity for summer employment in Memphis. HBG is a large architect and interior design firm. The job is posted on the firm’s website: http://www.hbginc.com/jobs.
The North Mississippi VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) Project at the University of Mississippi is looking for applicants for a communications/outreach position for the United Way in Oxford. The VISTA at the United Way of Oxford & Lafayette County will improve organization outreach by developing and expanding communications strategies/systems and event-based fundraising to benefit the education, health, and improved financial stability of Lafayette County residents.
Each of these full-time, one-year placements is supported by AmeriCorps with a modest living allowance, health benefits, and an education award. VISTAs will work throughout North
Mississippi to build sustainable systems for fighting poverty through education.
For more information, contact Susan Nicholas at the College of Liberal Arts at email@example.com.
Visit jacksonspalding.com for more information.
Pace Communications, one of the largest content marketing agencies in the country, is now accepting resumes for an Editorial Intern.
Pace is one of the largest and most successful agencies of its type in the world – our people are recognized as leaders in the field and our account list includes some of the North America’s most successful brands – including Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Southwest Airlines, USAirways,Verizon Wireless, Wells Fargo and Walmart.
- Research story ideas, topics and events
- Fact-check front-of-book articles and client news & events for back-of-book department
- Light editing, proofreading and copywriting
- Update writer database
- Manage magazine mailing list
- Assist with generating and filing writer contracts
- Help coordinate conversion of print issue to digital edition
- Work with digital team to post print magazine content to magazine web site
- Demonstrable writing skills
- WordPress or familiarity with web content management systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a deadline driven environment
Please apply directly to this link (all other applicants will be ignored): https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6964362
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Asia Society, a prestigious non-profit institution that is the leading force in forging closer ties between Asia and the West through arts, education, policy and business outreach, is looking for a talented Video Production Intern to help create editorial content for its award-winning online team. The ideal candidate would be proficient in Final Cut Pro and be able to work independently.
- Help online team produce rich-media editorial content for our institutional website (AsiaSociety.org).
- Edit and produce video packages.
- Identify newsworthy clips and spotlight the best of complete programs.
- Convert and compress videos as required.
- Help produce content for syndication through YouTube, Fora.tv, iTunes and other content partners.
- Assist with video shoots and interviews.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Photoshop.
- Strong video and audio editing skills.
- Strong news judgment.
- Basic HTML and CMS (especially in Drupal platform) preferred.
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest) preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure/time constraints.
- Good organization skills and ability to work independently required.
The Video Production Intern is expected to work at least 20 hours per week, for a minimum of nine to 12 weeks, at Asia Society headquarters on Park Avenue. Specific schedules can be designed to meet the individual needs of the intern. Please indicate the days and hours you are available to work in your application. The internship is unpaid. School credit is available.
How to apply:
Please email cover letter, resumé, and links to three relevant video samples to:
Multimedia Producer, Asia Society Online
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
About Asia Society:
Asia Society is the leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. Across the fields of arts, business, culture, education, and policy, the Society provides insight, generates ideas, and promotes collaboration to address present challenges and create a shared future.
Founded in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller 3rd, Asia Society is a nonpartisan, nonprofit institution with headquarters in New York, centers in Hong Kong and Houston, and affiliated offices in Los Angeles, Manila, Mumbai, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, and Washington, DC.
Asia Society is an equal-opportunity employer.
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxford-based Hottytoddy.com is seeking juniors and seniors for internships.
-Interns are required to submit a minimum of two stories per month
-Students must have a serious interest/experience in the following: writing, graphic design, broadcast, multimedia, photography or integrated marketing
-Students will be managed and adhere to the rules set forth by the news editor and student editor and coordinator.
Hottytoddy.com is a professional news publication and as such we expect our interns to perform to their best ability. We will train you, give you the tools you need to succeed and help you prepare for your field. If you would like to just freelance with us that is also an option we welcome. This includes any topic of interest that hottytoddy.com covers on a daily basis (from sports to entertainment).
Contact Victoria Boatman (Student Editor and Coordinator) – email@example.com
Follow the link: http://shfwire.com/apply/
You must fill out the internship forms, submit them and verify that you are enrolled before you begin your internship.
You will not be able to receive credit for an internship you have already completed or for one that is in progress.
Download the forms here.