.CO is where big ideas belong on the web. We’re a highly profitable, bootstrapped company. Some of our partners include the likes of 500 Startups, Startup America, Startup Weekend, LeWeb, and more.
Learn more about us at www.go.co
We are looking for a smart, driven Marketing Intern with a strong interest in marketing, social media, and entrepreneurship – not necessarily in that order. This is a great learning opportunity for motivated college students, recent grads, or others looking to build experience for a career in marketing, or at a startup.
This position can start ASAP. You must be available for at least 20 hours a week, or more if you want! We would like you to meet us at our co-working space in South Station at least 2 days a week. The rest of the time you can work out of your home. We can offer course credit and/or hourly pay.
You will work directly with our Director of Marketing on a series of different projects that aim to build the .CO brand, drive awareness, and generate sales. This may include:
• developing a marketing program for partnerships with college entrepreneurship programs
• event planning
• social media management
• analytics reporting
• marketing research – including qualitative and quantitative surveys of our user base
• many other opportunities for you to explore areas that are interesting to you as long as you show drive and enthusiasm!
• Experience or a field of study in marketing, public relations or business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Social media and technology savvy
• Entrepreneurial interest or experience a strong plus
HOW TO APPLY
The mission of our internship program is to provide college students with exposure to and work experience in the nonprofit sector. Because DonorsChoose.org is still a relatively new organization, interns have the unique opportunity to contribute to its growth and scalability.
Previous intern responsibilities and projects include: • Planning, coordinating, and conducting interviews for short marketing videos • Designing the website’s landing page for “Gift Options” • Researching potential celebrities to help with marketing campaigns • Creating content for our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blog, etc) • Managing recruitment for usability testing of website features • Performing data analysis and recommending changes based on findings, including new vendors for partnership and changes to the teacher facing side of the website • Analyze trends in search activity in our Help Center
All of our internships are unpaid.